10 Sep Canyon unveils fifth-generation Ultimate road race bike
Canyon has launched a new era of road performance with the new Canyon Ultimate family.
Pro teams have already been riding the new Ultimate since the beginning of the season – with two stage wins at the Vuelta a España with Alpecin-Deceuninck rider Jay Vine – ahead of its official market launch on 8 September.
The Ultimate family, first launched in 2004, now includes eleven bikes across three models and improves on the previous generation in a number of key areas:
- Incredible comfort: improved ergonomics and more tyre clearance.
- Improved aerodynamics: reduced drag.
- Cutting-edge integration: invisible integration of cables and lines, all in a user-friendly setup.
- Easy fitting: cockpit with simple height and width adjustment, no steerer tube cutting needed, easier to transport.
- Low weight: only 6.3 kg (Ultimate CFR Di2: excluding pedals and accessories, size M), even with extra reinforcement in key high-stress areas.
Dr Florian Imgrund, Canyon Global Category Director – Road, said: “With the new Ultimate, we wanted to make something that fans of classic road race bikes would love. After a painstaking development process in collaboration with our pro riders, we’re proud to present the next evolution of the Ultimate. A timeless design that hits the perfect balance of lightness, stiffness, aerodynamics, comfort, and toughness.”